I love Jasper




I love Jasper! No I don't mean a bloke called Jasper. I mean i know "Jasper" is probably best known as a Sloane Ranger type name, when you picture the name do you get a mental image of some bloke in a suit who's something big in the city? Well you'd be right but there's more to Jasper than you might think.

Jasper is also know as spotted stone, it's an opaque, impure variety of Quartz that is usually red, yellow or brown in color. The mineral breaks with a smooth surface and is used for ornamentation or as a gemstone. It can be highly polished and is used for vases, seals, and other decorative items.

My preferred use of Jasper is cut and polished and in the form of absolutely gorgeous stones and beads which provide huge varieties of patterns and colours for use in jewellery making. I often find myself rifling through my collection of Jasper stones and being both thrilled and inspired to make something gorgeous

On my site Gloriarty you will find some gorgeous examples of the use of Jasper. The necklace pictured at the top of the post is available at Gloriarty titled Grey Jasper Necklace

0 comments: